Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Indian Butter Chicken

My first attempt at butter chicken. I adapted the recipe from one I found online but I can't remember where I found it now. It tasted nothing like what I've had in restaurants but it was still delicious. It may have something to do with the amount of cream they use in restaurant cooking.


Indian Butter Chicken
Makes 4-6 servings

Ingredients
  • 3 cups left over lemon or tandoori chicken breast cubes
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
  • 2 cups canned tomato puree
  • 3/4 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp garam masala (it called for more but this was enough for my liking)
  • 1/4 tsp crushed dry bayleaf
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • cayenne pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp yogurt
  • 2 tbsp milk
Directions
  1. Fry the onion on medium heat in the oil and butter until it starts to brown. Add garlic and ginger and fry for just a few seconds, try not to burn it.
  2. Mix the rest of the ingredients except for the last two (yogurt and milk) and add to the pot. Simmer for a few minutes then add the cubed cooked chicken. I had this left over from the night before.
  3. Once the chicken has heated in the sauce, mix the yogurt & milk and stir into the pot.
  4. Serve with naan or pita.
Tip: You could add some fresh chopped cilantro at the end but I'm not a big fan of it so I didn't put it in. I'm more of a parsley girl.

Comments

Popular Posts