Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Homemade Tartar Sauce

I love tartar sauce with my fish. This doesn't taste exactly like the store-bought kind, but it's still really yummy!



Ingredients
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 sweet gherkin pickles, minced
1 tablespoon capers, minced
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Directions
Mix all the ingredients together and serve. It's better left in the fridge for an hour or more but still okay to serve immediately.

Tip: I saw this recipe in one of the South Beach Diet books (or it could have been one of my other cookbooks), but I couldn't remember which one and I was too lazy to go look it up. I think these are the right ingredients except the amounts are probably wrong and I added lemon juice. It still turned out great! You could use all mayonnaise and it might taste more like the tartar sauce you get in the store.

- homemade tartar sauce -

No comments:

Post a Comment