Saturday, February 20, 2010

Garlic and Bread Soup

I thought this was a Polish soup but I can't find any details online about where this soup came from. This is how my mom makes it and I think my grandfather used to eat this too. It's yummy and warms you up!

Update 10/25/15
Maggi is delicious, however, now that I know how to read ingredients labels and know what's in Maggi, I would recommend using an organic soy sauce or tamari in this recipe instead. 



V Make it vegan by using olive oil instead of butter or lard. 

Garlic and Bread Soup
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients
1 chopped garlic clove (or more if you like)
1/2 teaspoon butter or lard
1 slice of rye bread toasted and broken in pieces
splash of Maggi liquid seasoning
1 cup boiling water


Directions
Add everything to your bowl and enjoy. If you can't find maggi, you could probably use soy sauce but it will taste a little different. Just don't go kissing anyone after you eat this.


- garlic and bread soup -

No comments:

Post a Comment