Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Tea Sandwiches (strawberry, cucumber, chicken)

We had a little tea party last night! We served ginger ale instead of tea, because I don't have a tea pot.

I served some strawberry tea sandwiches, cucumber tea sandwiches, chicken tea sandwiches and fruit on a beautiful tiered serving platter that our friend Pavlina brought me all the way from Macedonia.

The only issue I had with these sandwiches is that I forgot to buy thin bread so I used regular bread. It was too much bread. Be sure to buy the thin kind.

I used grilled chicken breast but you could probably use chicken from the deli.

I wish you could see the platter better. It's really pretty.





Tea Sandwiches (strawberry, cucumber, chicken)

Ingredients
Strawberry Sandwiches
  • 2 slices of bread
  • 2 medium strawberries, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
  • 1 teaspoon strawberry jam
Cucumber Sandwiches
  • 2 slices of bread
  • about 10 thin slices of English cucumber
  • 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
Chicken Sandwiches
  • 2 slices of bread
  • 2 oz cooked chicken, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1/2 teaspoon wing sauce (or hot sauce)
Directions
  1. To assemble the strawberry sandwiches, first mix the cream cheese and jam until well combined. Spread it over the bread and top with strawberry slices. Don't go right to the edge because after placing the other slice of bread on top, you will use a serrated knife to cut off the crusts. Cut into 4 or 8 triangles. Use toothpicks if you like. I was serving these to my kids. Toothpicks were not a good idea. Maybe for older children or adults.
  2. To assemble the cucumber sandwiches, mix the cream cheese with dill, onion powder and granulated garlic. Spread onto the bread and top with cucumbers. Place the other slice on top and cut off the crusts. Cut into 4 or 8 triangles.
  3. To assemble the chicken sandwiches, mix the mayo and hot sauce. Spread over the bread and top with chicken slices. Put the other slice of bread on and cut off the crusts. Cut into 4 or 8 triangles.
I got the idea for these from Fun Tea Party Ideas.

Comments

  1. This is so cute! I would love to join this little tea party!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts