Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Pizza Your Way

Actually, it's pizza my way using what I had in the fridge the other day. Use whatever you have on hand to top your pizza.

You can make a white pizza if you don't have or want to make sauce. Mix some minced garlic with olive oil and brush over the rolled dough. My favourite toppings on a white pizza would be simply mozzarella, green olives and sliced tomatoes.

When it comes to topping pizza, the possibilities are endless!



Pizza Your Way
Makes 12 slices

Ingredients
  • 1 recipe pizza dough
  • 1 recipe pizza sauce
  • 1 cup grated mozzarella
  • 2 oz leftover cooked chicken breast, diced
  • 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
  • 4 chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
  • 1/2 cup diced button mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • olive oil
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Roll out the dough to fit your large pizza pan. In my case I used a square baking sheet. My pizza looked more rustic and there's nothing wrong with that!
  3. Spread half the sauce recipe over the dough.
  4. Sprinkle half the cheese over the sauce then add your toppings.
  5. Sprinkle the other half of the cheese over the toppings followed by the parmesan and oregano.
  6. Brush the edges of the pizza dough with olive oil then bake for 25 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
  7. Let it rest for a few minutes before cutting.

Comments

Popular Posts