Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Carrot Bundt Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting

It's been a very long time since I've made a carrot cake. I pulled out my bundt pan from the deep depths of my cupboard for this. Now that the pan is out, I'm going to have to make a white chocolate bundt cake before I put it away for another 5 years.

The original recipe appears to be a little more on the moist side. Perhaps I wasn't supposed to squeeze the juice out of the carrots, or maybe I drained my pineapple a little too well. I don't know for sure because I was too lazy to read the entire post. I also didn't feel like washing more than one bowl so ... 

This cake turned out very well. You could make a layer cake but a bundt works well if you don't want to make a big fuss. For a layer cake, you can double the frosting recipe. I cut it in half from the original and still had leftovers.

Let's not waste any more time. Let's bake!




Here's a carrot cake all dressed up for Christmas 2022. 

Carrot Bundt Cake w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
Adapted from Baked By An Introvert
Makes 12 Servings

Ingredients
For the cake
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup avocado oil (or other flavourless oil - not olive oil)
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups finely shredded carrots, fresh not pre-grated
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
  • 1/3 cup walnut pieces (optional)
For the frosting
  • 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
  • 8oz package cream cheese, softened (full fat - brick form)
  • 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon meringue powder
  • 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
Directions
  1. To make the cakePreheat the oven to 350F.
  2. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. 
  3. Combine all dry ingredients from flour to granulated sugar in a large bowl. 
  4. Make a well in the centre and add all the other cake ingredients. 
  5. Combine with a rubber spatula just until combined. 
  6. Transfer the mixture to your bundt pan and bake for 23-35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
  7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan, then transfer to a plate/platter.
  8. To make the frosting; Whip the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. 
  9. Add sugar, meringue powder, vanilla and salt. Beat on low to combine (so you don't make a mess), then on high until the frosting is fluffy. 
  10. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake. 
  11. You can decorate with walnuts or coconut if you wish. 
  12. Store in the fridge.

Comments

Popular Posts