Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)

Friends, have you heard about aquafaba yet? It's the brine from a can of chickpeas (other beans work too apparently but I haven't tried). This brine is amazing! Whenever you eat chickpeas, save this incredible liquid in a little jar in your fridge. I only keep it for a few days, a week max. I don't know how long it's supposed to be good for, but so far I haven't died after using it up to a week later.

It's a fantastic egg re-placer and can even be whipped into a meringue for pies or cookies! Aquafaba is the egg re-placer in these cookies. There's a group on Facebook called "Aquafaba Everything". People post pictures of the wonderful things they've made, and there's also a section with recipes.

These are THE BEST cookies ever! And they are vegan! They're crispy, chewy and disappear within 24 hours. Definitely not something to make every day (vegan or not, sugar is sugar), but a nice treat once in a while.

You can do an all-purpose, whole wheat pastry flour mix if you don't mind the taste of whole wheat flour. I've made this recipe with each of them, and a mix of both. Always delicious! I haven't tried with other flours, but spelt seems to be a great one for baking. I like it in muffins and quick-breads anyway.

You can use chocolate chips or raisins in this recipe. I do half and half because my husband likes his with raisins. These cookies turn out perfectly every time! The number of cookies will depend on the size of your cookie scoop. If you don't have a scoop, a teaspoon amount of dough should be a good size.

* You may also want to check out a different version of this recipe here. I used different flours and flax egg in that one.






The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
Amazing recipe from Veged Out 
Makes about 16 cookies

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature (I used organic Earth Balance)
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons aquafaba
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose (or whole wheat pastry) flour
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (vegan if it matters to you) or raisins
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugars with a whisk for a few minutes until creamy.
  3. Beat in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla and aquafaba until well combined.
  4. Mix the flour in with a spoon or spatula, followed by the chocolate chips or raisins. You could also add nuts at this point if you wish.
  5. Using a small cookie scoop, drop the batter about 2" apart onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
  6. Bake for 8-10  minutes or until the edges start to turn golden. You don't want to burn them so watch them carefully. Let them sit on the sheet for a minute or two until they're firm enough to transfer to a wire rack. I just use my egg flipper so they don’t fall apart during the transfer.
  7. Store them on a covered plate or in a container with a lid. They won't last long.



Comments

  1. I've just heard of using chickpea brine to help as an egg replacer or thickener on another blog too. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to have to now!

    These cookies look great! I'll be sure to try them next time I need some for a party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so delighted that you shared your yummy chocolate chip cookies with us at the Plant-Based Potluck Party!Thank you so much for sharing your gems and for your support! I'm Pinning and sharing All the best, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, I am so delighted that you shared your yummy chocolate chip cookies with us at the Plant-Based Potluck Party!Thank you so much for sharing your gems and for your support! I'm Pinning and sharing All the best, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be snowed in here in the Mid-Atlantic so these are a perfect stay warm comfort snack. Happy to be sharing space with you in this week's Plant Based Potluck Party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts