Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Potato and Chicken Casserole

I had some leftover roasted chicken in the fridge, so I had to come up with a way to use it. I thought a casserole of some kind was the way to go, so I sliced up some potatoes, grated some cheese and came up with this yummy dinner.

Because I roasted my chicken with seasoning salt, I didn't add any extra salt to the dish. I figured between the chicken and the cheese, that would be salty enough for us. I also didn't add any flour. I knew that the potatoes would absorb most of the liquid, or at least thicken it, and they did their job.

This would have been even better with bacon and green onions!


Above: I put cheddar between the layers, and pizza mozzarella on top.

Potato and Chicken Casserole
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 2 cups 2% milk
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced (about 10oz)
  • 4 medium baking potatoes, thinly sliced (I used a mandolin)
  • 2 1/2 cups grated cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
  • 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a baking dish. I used a round one.
  2. In a small pot over medium heat, combine the milk with the butter, paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, nutmeg, thyme, parsley and pepper. Heat just until the butter is melted. Set aside.
  3. Place a layer of potatoes into the prepared dish followed by a layer of sliced chicken and a sprinkle of cheese. Pour over a ladle of the milk mixture. Keep making layers like this ending with potatoes and then cheese. If it looks like a pyramid, just push it down in the middle to flatten it out a bit as you go along.
  4. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and cover with foil.
  5. Bake for 1 1/2 hours covered, then, remove the foil and bake for another 1/2 hour until the potatoes are tender. The top should be nice and crispy. Allow to cool slightly before serving.


Comments

Popular Posts