Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Flax Crackers

The last time I made flax crackers was back in August 2011. They were Low Carb Parmesan Flax Crackers and I was on a low carb diet.

Last week I thought I'd try low-carbing again, but it only lasted 2 days. I was desperate for sugar. I have a sugar problem! Anyway, during those 2 days I made more flax crackers but this time I left them plain. No cheese or seasoning went into these and only a low-carber desperate for crunch can appreciate them, I think.

They taste like - flax. Surprising!

Flax is good for you, so why not try using these crackers to replace your regular crackers for dips or cheese and cracker cravings.



Flax Crackers

Ingredients
  • flax seeds
  • cold water
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
  2. I tried to use a food processor to grind the flax seeds. It doesn't work. You need a magic bullet or a spice grinder for this, otherwise buy your flax already ground.
  3. Mix the ground flax with water. Use a little bit at a time until it forms a dough. It'll be a little sticky, but hold together nicely.
  4. Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet and place another piece of parchment on top. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to the desired thickness. Obviously if you roll them too thin they will cook faster so you really need to watch them or they'll burn. Remove the top paper and use a knife to gently slice the dough into squares. Once baked, they'll snap apart so you don't need to press too hard and ruin your pan. Use a fork to poke little holes if you want.
  5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until they start turning brown around the edges.Allow to cool on a wire rack completely before snapping the crackers apart. Store in an airtight container.

Comments

Popular Posts