Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Sugar Plums

I hope you enjoy this recipe for sugar plums!

This is probably one of the easiest recipes you'll every make, and a nice little sweet to go with your tea. All they really are is dried fruit and nuts. What do you think? Is this a healthier alternative to other sweets? 

I forgot to buy allspice, but the recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon so you can add it if you want.

To make these vegan, replace the honey with maple syrup.

christmas sugar plums
Above: Sugar Plums from Christmas 2022. Everyone prefers the white sugar coating.

christmas sugar plums


Sugar Plums
Adapted from Savory Moments
Makes 25 sugar plums

Ingredients
  • 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
  • 1 cup pitted and chopped dates
  • 1/2 cup pitted and chopped prunes
  • 1/2 cup pitted and chopped dried apricots
  • zest of 1 orange
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
  • pinch of fine sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/2 cup sugar (I used turbinado)
Directions
  1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it kind of turns into a ball.
  2. I used my small cookie scoop, and then rolled the balls between my hands before rolling them in sugar.
  3. I made mine a few days before Christmas and stored them in the fridge, although I'm not sure refrigeration is necessary.

Comments

Popular Posts