Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Egg Wraps for Breakfast

Here's an easy breakfast where you can cook the eggs in advance and then re-heat them at work the next day. I wrap the eggs up in a 9" whole wheat tortilla and put a little hot sauce or ketchup on it.

Since today is Saturday and I'm not in a rush to go anywhere, I decided to fancy my wrap up a bit. I added mushrooms, tomatoes and scallions. I'd have added my hot sauce but the kind I like is the little packets from Taco Bell, and my stash is in my drawer at work. 



The simple version that I take to work during the week.

Breakfast Egg Wraps
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients
  • 1 whole wheat tortilla
  • 1/2 cup liquid eggs (I used veggie)
  • 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato
  • 1 scallion, chopped
  • salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
Directions
  1. Fry your eggs in a nonstick pan sprayed with a little cooking spray. Medium heat is best. You can scramble them or keep them in the shape of an omelette.
  2. Place the eggs on the wrap. Then, spray the same pan with a little more cooking spray and fry the mushrooms until they're tender. About 5 minutes will do it. Add the mushrooms, tomato and scallion to the wrap. Top with salt, pepper and hot sauce if you like it.
  3. Good luck trying to roll this up!

Comments

Popular Posts