Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Egg Free Date Mini Muffins with Almond Vanilla Glaze

Last week I was low on eggs and I wanted to make something for work. I decided to go back to the Egg Free Date Muffin recipe I made awhile ago. I added a simple glaze on top to make them a bit more special and used a mini muffin pan. Maple extract might also be nice on these, but I didn't have any.




Egg Free Date Mini Muffins with Almond Vanilla Glaze
About 35 mini muffins

Ingredients
  • 1 recipe Egg Free Date  Muffins
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-2 tablespoons milk (regular or dairy-free) 
  • sliced almonds
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400F and line 35 mini muffin tins with paper liners. You may get more or less muffins depending on how much batter you add to each one.
  2. Prepare the muffin batter as directed in the Egg Free Date Muffin recipe using only half the amount of sugar stated and chop the dates smaller if you can.
  3. Divide the batter among the muffin tins until they're about 3/4 full. I used a small cookie scoop. Bake for about 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
  4. Toast the almond slices in a pan over medium heat just until they start to get toasty. It will only take a few minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
  5. Mix powdered sugar with almond and vanilla extracts and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add more milk if it's too thick. It should still be thick but easy to spread.
  6. Once muffins are completely cooled, remove them from the pan. It's easier to remove them before adding the glaze.
  7. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of glaze on the muffins. Place a slice of almond on them while they're still wet.
  8. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.

Comments

  1. I'm not a huge fan of dates, but I must say, I would eat one of those! They look fabulous!! Thank you for commenting on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love dates! I've been trying to bake healthier desserts lately. These definitely fit the bill. And they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts