Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Creamy Chickpea Pasta with Parmesan Cheese

Unfortunately when I was "adapting" the recipe, I added too much stock so it was a little soupy. I'll give you the recipe the way I made it, but maybe you should start with a cup of stock and if it doesn't blend well, add a bit more until it's a thick saucy consistency. I'm still posting the recipe, because even though it didn't turn out right, it was still incredibly delicious!
 
 


Creamy Chickpea Pasta with Parmesan Cheese
Makes 4 servings
 
Ingredients
  • 2 cups dry pasta
  • 2 cups of chickpeas, drained and rinsed 
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cups chicken stock
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley (I didn't have fresh. Boo!)
  • salt
  • pepper
  • olive oil
Directions
  1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Use any shape you like. Shells or any kind with ridges would work best to hold the sauce. Set aside.
  2. Cook the onions over medium heat in some olive oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes, then add the garlic. Cook another minute or two until the garlic turns golden. Be careful not to burn it. 
  3. Add some salt and pepper to taste along with the chickpeas then add the stock and bring to a simmer.
  4. Blend the mixture with 2 tablespoons of olive oil until smooth. Stir in the sour cream. 
  5. Toss the pasta with this fabulous sauce then add the cheese and parsley. If you have fresh it's better, but I didn't.
  6. This is where you might sprinkle on more cheese and bake it if you had time.  Otherwise, eat some and pack the rest for lunch! If there's anything left after that, serve it to your kids for dinner! I don't know about yours, but mine go crazy for pasta!
Tips:
  • Make it vegetarian by using vegetable stock!
 

Comments

Popular Posts