Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Simple Crepes

I love crepes for breakfast. This is an easy and delicious recipe that my whole family enjoys. 

My husband and daughter like theirs with syrup, but I prefer mine with a sprinkle of sugar and a squeeze of fresh orange juice inside (then roll it up).




Simple Crepes
Adapted from: Smuckers Stuffed Crepes with Raspberry Mango Syrup
Makes about 10 crepes

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • butter for frying
Directions
  1. Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
  2. Melt some butter in a nonstick pan (or crepe pan) over medium high heat.
  3. Take 1/3 cup of the batter and place it in the pan, swirl it around immediately to form a thin layer. Cook for a few seconds until the top starts to bubble. This won't take long so don't walk away. Flip the crepe and then cook only for a few more seconds until golden. Set on a plate and repeat the process until all the batter is gone.
  4. You can put the plate in a 200F oven just to keep the crepes warm until ready to serve.
  5. Serve with syrup, fresh fruit, jam or a sprinkle of sugar.

Comments

  1. Wow, these look amazing! I love how you've lined the blueberries and oranges along the edge of the crepe. I've included a link to your blog post on my site about my dad's simple crepe recipe! Cheers! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is an authentic French crêpe recipe , taken from the index of Famous French Desserts. While it does list crêpe recipes centering around desserts, you can use this particular one for any purpose and any time of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts