Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake

Hello my friends! I feel like I am eating cake non-stop. In fact, this morning I even had cake for breakfast. My bundt pan is my new BFF. 

Here's another delicious recipe that I want to share with you.

The original recipe suggests letting the cake rest for only 20 minutes before turning out onto a serving dish. Well - I followed the instructions and my cake did not want to release. This cake is super moist and because it was still warm it gave me a hard time. You can't tell that the top and bottom were separate at one point because of the glaze. If you've got time, I recommend letting your cake cool completely before attempting to remove it from the pan. Alternately, you could bake this in the dish that you want to serve it in, and then you won't have to worry about turning it out at all.





Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
Adapted from food.com
Makes 1 bundt cake (12-16 servings)

Ingredients
For the Cake
  • 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 3/4 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup buttermilk (or 3 tbsp lemon juice & top up with milk)
  • 1 1/4 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
  • 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
For the Glaze
  • 1 1/2 confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • milk
  • fresh blueberries for decorating if desired
Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour your bundt pan.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
  3. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar for a few minutes until creamy.
  4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
  5. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and mix until combined.
  6. On low speed, alternate the addition of the flour mixture and buttermilk, starting and ending with flour. Combine blueberries with flour, then stir into the batter by hand.
  7. Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
  8. Cool for as long as possible in the pan before turning out onto a serving dish. You may need to run a knife along the edges to loosen the cake from the pan. Cool completely before glazing.
  9. To make the glaze; mix together confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and a few drops of milk. Add more milk until you reach a consistency which can be drizzled over the top of the cake.

Comments

Popular Posts