Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Raw Apple Crumble (gluten-free, refined sugar free, vegan)

Hello, friends!

This is my new favourite breakfast! It's easy to prepare, and it's delicious! It's also refined sugar free, gluten-free, and vegan. I made 2 servings last night. One for this morning and one for tomorrow morning.

I got the idea for this from my favourite juice place. I would love to stop by and buy breakfast every morning, but it's just not affordable. I decided to make my own instead.

You can play with the recipe a bit to see how sweet you want it to be. You can add more/less raisins or dates to suit your taste.

I used Sayer dates in this recipe. They are dry compared to Medjool dates, so they aren't as sticky when you add them to the food processor. I prefer Medjool dates for snacking and making raw energy balls. If yours have pits, you want to remove them. 

You can use any type of nut that you like. I prefer walnuts, almonds, or a mixture of both. Any nut should work. You could probably make it without nuts, too.

Pair this up with cashew milk mixed with a bit of coffee, maple syrup and cacao, and you've got the perfect breakfast! Regular coffee also goes well with this recipe! I like cashew milk best because you don't have to strain it like you do with other nut milks. You just soak your cashews while you sleep, and blend them up with some fresh filtered water in the morning.






Raw Apple Crumble (gluten-free, refined sugar free, vegan)
Makes 2 Big Servings

Ingredients
For the Topping
  • 1/3 cup oats (gluten free)
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
  • ¼ cup raw, unsalted nuts (whatever you like)
  • 1-3 pitted Sayer (or Medjool) dates
  • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Apple Mixture
  • 3 apples, cored and cut into chunks (no need to peel if organic)
  • 1-2 teaspoons raisins
  • ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
  1. I like to make the topping first so it doesn't become soggy and you don't have to wash out the food processor twice.
  2. Place all the topping ingredients in a food processor. Pulse everything until the mixture gets crumbly and the dates are all incorporated into the mixture. Dump it into a bowl and set aside.
  3. In the same food processor, add the apples, raisins and cinnamon. You want the apples and raisins to be chopped finely, but don't let it run until you have apple sauce (unless you like it that way).
  4. Place the apple mixture into your containers and top with the topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve. I like to let it sit at least overnight.


Comments

Popular Posts