Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Mashed Potatoes with Cheddar and Gravy

Tonight I had a request for gravy from my 6 year old. I guess she REALLY likes the Club House gravy mixes!

So, I made some pork chops, which you can see in my post from Saturday for Club House Gluten-Free ‘Stuffin Muffin & Gravy / Pork Chops with Brown Gravy, and mashed potatoes. I used the Club House chicken gravy this time, because that's what she picked. But go ahead and use the gluten-free turkey mix instead.



Mashed Potatoes with Cheddar and Gravy
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients
  • 6 medium yellow potatoes, scrubbed (I like the skin on)
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup 2% milk
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar (or 1 cup if your middle name is Cheese Monster)
  • 1 packet Club House Gravy Mix (chicken or gluten-free turkey)
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions
  1. Cut the potatoes in chunks and boil them in a large pot of salted water until they're very tender. It'll depend on how big your chunks are, but somewhere around 15 minutes should do it. I tried one while it was still hot. That was a mistake. 
  2. Turn off the stove and drain the potatoes. Now, place the pot back on the same burner (mine was still hot) and add the butter. Mash it up until the butter is all melted, then add the milk, dill, salt and pepper. Do this over the warm burner so the milk heats up a little. Mash away until it's as smooth as you like it.
  3. Stir in the cheese with a wooden spoon. Put the lid on to keep them warm while you make your gravy.
  4. Now, in a small pot, make your gravy according to package directions, and add the dried parsley. I like the little green flecks on top of my potatoes. It looks pretty. It's possible I added too much water to the mix (and that's why you shouldn't be lazy and guess), but nobody seemed to notice. Serve over your mashed potatoes. If you've got a gravy loving family like mine, you might need to make 2 packets.

Comments

Popular Posts