Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Breakfast and Lunch - Healthy Meals For Work/School

For weeks and weeks now I've been preparing breakfast and lunch to take to work. I do this almost every night and then I take a picture of my food (with my phone which is why the images aren't great) to share with my friends on Facebook. Somehow it keeps me going! I've saved a lot of money by not eating out as much as I used to.

Here are a few of my favourite meals from the past few weeks, starting with what I packed for tomorrow.

For breakfast I'm having some marinated feta, buffalo turkey and Pepperidge Farm Cracker Chips. The fruit is my morning snack. I also have a banana on the side just in case. 

For lunch I made a wheat better and turkey salad and piece of rye with just a little Nutella. For the afternoon I've also packed a Nature Valley Oatmeal Thin.

And here's everything I packed for tomorrow.
For the salad, mix wheat berries with cooked turkey breast, Kraft Olive Oil Tuscan dressing, lemon juice, dried cranberries and scallions. I added chopped tomato the second day. 

Here's what I had the day before. Breakfast was a turkey sandwich with some watermelon. Lunch was a bunch of fruits and veggies with wheat berry and turkey salad. And a little chocolate raspberry cupcake on the side. I mixed chocolate cake mix with apple sauce and added raspberries. Then put a little marshmallow on top about 5 minutes before they were done. If you make these, go easy on the raspberries, they were gloopy but tasty.

I always like to put 4 things into my meals. Protein, carb, fruit and veggie. It doesn't always work out that way, but I try. When I don't feel like cooking, I make a salad with chickpeas, or even take hummus and pita. Boiled eggs are also easy to prepare and keep in the fridge.

I enjoyed this day too. Some honey maple ham and an aMooza (string cheese) with some goldfish on the side. Breakfast was just some more ham with an egg topped with tomato and scallion. I then wrapped it in a tortilla.

Here's the inside of my breakfast wrap. I prepared this in the morning, but if I was going to prepare it at night, I probably would have cooked it a little more and refrigerated it, then reheated it at work the next day. I like my yolks runny though so this was a good day =).

Have no idea where to start? Well, first find yourself a nice lunch box and then visit one or all of these great blogs/sites. They have some incredible lunch ideas and there's no way you'll leave without being inspired. No way!

- another lunch
- MOMables
- EasyLunchboxes
- Bentolicious
- Family Fresh Cooking
- Family Fresh Meals
- Keeley McGuire

and so many more!

Comments

Popular Posts