Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Swiss Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

Earlier in the week I made Pumpkin Spice Muffins using a boxed cake mix and canned pumpkin. I had some pumpkin left so I put it in the freezer. Tonight I was in the mood for something sweet again so I took out a box of swiss chocolate cake mix and went to work. You can't taste the pumpkin in here by the way!

When you make cupcakes with pureed fruit or vegetables, the texture is not the same as cupcakes made with eggs and oil. It's hard to describe. They're very moist and they're not fluffy. I guess you'll just have to make some to find out for yourself! 




Swiss Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 12 Servings

Ingredients
  • 1/2 a box Swiss chocolate cake mix
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup strong coffee
  • 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, melted
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
  2. Combine all ingredients except chocolate well with a fork and divide among the muffin cups.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
  4. Allow the cupcakes to cool, then drizzle with melted white chocolate and add a few sprinkles if your heart desires.

Comments

Popular Posts