Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Marinated Feta with Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes

Marinated Feta with Olives & Sun-dried Tomato Recipe

One of my favourite breakfasts is marinated cheese with bread. I like bocconcini too, but feta is my first choice. I used to stop off in the morning and pick up a fresh bun or croissant, and some marinated cheese from Real Canadian Superstore (a grocery chain we have here). They have a small antipasto bar (near the bakery) with olives, marinated cheeses and a few other things. Their bocconcini is also marinated and is mixed with roasted red peppers. Their versions are swimming in oil but are SO delicious. I would eat it every day if I could.


Marinated Feta with Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Makes 1 Serving

Ingredients
  • 2oz feta cheese, cubed
  • 1 piece sun-dried tomato, packed in oil, drained and chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
  • 5 olives, sliced (I didn’t have Kalamata so I used Manzanilla)
  • ½ teaspoon Greek oregano
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • Squeeze of lemon juice (about 1 teaspoon)
  • Black pepper
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients gently together in a bowl and allow to marinate for several hours or over night.
  2. Serve with bread. I used pita today.
Looking for more Appetizer recipes? Click Here!

Comments

Popular Posts