Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Cinnamon Apple and Pear Crisps

I've made these before, but I came across a recipe on Weight Watchers that prompted me to make them again. My whole family loves them! Cinnamon crisps make a great little snack.

I've also made a chewier version of Dried Apple Slices and I have a recipe for Apple Chips, which I haven't moved over from Facebook yet. I'll post it next. It's pretty similar to this one.


Cinnamon Apple and Pear Crisps
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients
  • 2 small apples, thinly sliced
  • 1 small pear, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 200F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
  2. I used a mandolin on the thinnest setting to slice my fruit. Lay the fruit in a single layer on the baking sheets.
  3. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle on top of the fruit slices and bake for 1 hour.
  4. After 1 hour, flip the slices over and continue to bake for about another hour or until crisp.

Comments

Popular Posts