Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Homemade Noodles

Who knew it was so easy to make your own noodles? Well, you probably did but I didn't. My mom was boiling some chicken for the dogs so we decided to make a soup with the broth, but she didn't have any noodles. I told her to hold on a second, then I did a quick search and came across a simple recipe which turned out to be pretty great! We loved these noodles and so did the kids.

You could probably use this recipe to make ravioli or whatever other shape of noodle you want. Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I just used a cookie cutter to cut out small hearts. 

We brought the broth up to a boil and cooked the noodles just for about 5 minutes. I re-rolled the dough scraps and cut them into squares, which are currently in the freezer on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, we'll store them in a baggie in the freezer till next time.

The original recipe did not call for enough water. I used 1/2 a cup.



Homemade Noodles
Adapted from Penzeys Spices

Ingredients
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup water, room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, beat the egg, water and baking powder until you see a few bubbles on top. Stir in the flour. You will need to switch to your hands. Just keep mixing it until it forms a ball.
  2. Roll the dough on the counter with a little extra flour to prevent sticking. About 1/4" thickness is good. Cut it into whatever shape you like.
  3. Use the noodles right away or freeze them in a single layer then transfer to a Ziploc bag to store.


Comments

Popular Posts