Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice with Egg

Here's a great way to use leftover rice. I always keep frozen vegetables on hand for emergencies.


Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice with Egg

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon plus and 1 teaspoon oil
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 3 cups cold cooked rice (I used brown)
  • 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup mixed frozen vegetables
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • salt to taste
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a nonstick pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom becomes firm, then flip it like an omelette and cook another 2-3 minutes.
  2. Remove from pan and dice into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
  3. In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium heat and fry the onion just until translucent, about 4 minutes.
  4. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and cook until heated through. Probably no more than 5 minutes.
  5. Taste it and add salt if desired. I found the soy sauce salty enough.
Tips: 
  • If you don't have leftover rice, simply cook any rice according to package directions and spread on a cookie sheet. Allow to cool completely.I don't have a wok, but if you do, feel free to use it! I also didn't have any scallions, but I'm sure they would have made a tasty garnish.

Comments

Popular Posts