Skip to main content

Featured

Maple Pecan Blondies

Here’s a blondie recipe that I have made many times!  Mine are never as gooey as Gemma’s and that’s probably because I over-bake them. I should keep a better eye on them next time. I like to brown the butter first but it’s not necessary. Enjoy!  Maple Pecan Blondies Makes 9-12 servings Original recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking Ingredients ¾ cup butter, melted or browned 1¼ cups dark brown sugar ½ cup maple syrup 1 large egg  2 teaspoons vanilla 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 cups all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon baking soda I ¼ cups pecans, toasted and chopped  Directions   Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment. Gemma used 8x8 but I like my bars thinner. Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in the flour and baking soda just until combined.  Stir in the pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. They middle should be slightly jiggly but they still taste yummy if you over-bake them. Allow to co

Gourmet Vegetable Quiche Cups with Spinach, Broccoli, Feta, Sundried Tomatoes and Roasted Red Peppers

I found a recipe in the South Beach Diet Super Charged book for vegetable quiche cups. 

This is the same idea except I added things that I like instead. You could also call these custless quiche because there is no base. You can make a large batch and freeze them, then just pop them in the microwave to re-heat. 



Gourmet Vegetable Quiche Cups with Spinach, Broccoli, Feta, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Roasted Red Peppers
Makes 6 quiche cups

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • salt
  • pepper
  • pinch nutmeg
  • 1 bunch spinach wilted (or 1/2 box frozen), squeezed
  • 1/2 cup cooked broccoli, cut up
  • 2 tablespoons minced onion
  • 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
  • 3 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
  • 1 roasted red pepper, drained and chopped
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 6 holes in a muffin pan.
  2. Beat eggs with spices. Add all other ingredients and stir well.
  3. Divide among the 6 muffin holes.
  4. Bake for about 18 minutes or until cooked through.

Comments

  1. This looks great, I love quiche. What a great recipe. I have to try this one. Your blog is fantastic, thank you for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've eaten these for years. I love the taste of spinach and sun-dried tomatoes together. I have used egg beaters to make these too. (I don't put in the red peppers...don't care for them.) These are delicious and easy to freeze and microwave for a fast breakfast on the go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts