Thursday, October 8, 2015

I'm Still Around, But Things Have Changed!

Hello friends!

It's been a long time I know. But I have returned! And I've changed the way I look at food. I am now following a whole-foods, plant-based way of eating. Mostly because after loosing my mom earlier this year to cancer (at 55), I decided that this is the way to stay healthy and nourish my body. I realized that all these years, the foods that I've been eating and feeding my family are the same foods that have been shown to contribute to various diseases. It's also better for the environment. I'm still working on my husband and kids, but they are adapting well to the smaller changes I have made for them. I've updated my about me page a little if you care to read more.

You don't have to agree with my new way of eating, but going forward, my recipes will reflect the changes that I have made.

If you watch any of these films, you will understand why I've made the switch. They really opened my eyes to the world we are living in. I was completely ignorant before I started watching these. Some of them are really shocking.

Making these changes wasn't easy at first, and it took me 2 months to transition to a whole-foods, plant-based way of eating, but now that I know what I'm doing (sort of), I don't have to think about it. My new favourite foods are butternut squash, sauteed kale and organic smoked tofu. Who knew?! My old favourites were cheese, sugar and more cheese. 

Some of these films are available on Netflix or from your local library. Our library uses the Overdrive app for digital videos and books. Some I haven't watched yet, but I plan to watch them all eventually. Search for them on Google.

Films of Interest
A Delicate Balance
A Place at the Table
Addicted to Plastic
As We Sow
Blackfish
Bold Native
Chew on This
Cowspiracy
Doctored
Earth Voice Food Choice
Earthlings
Enjoy Your Meal
Essential Cuisine Cooking Classics (raw, cooked & cultured foods)
Farm to fridge
Farmageddon
Fast Food Baby
Fast Food Nation
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2
Fed Up
Food Inc.
Food Matters
Food That Kills
Forks Over Knives
Fresh
Genetic Roulette
Genetically Modified Food
Gmo omg
Got the Facts on Milk?
Hungry For Change
Just Eat It
King Corn
Locally Abundant (YouTube)
One Man, One Cow, One planet
Speciesism: the Movie
Super Size Me
Tapped
That sugar film
The Beautiful Truth
The Future of Food
The Gerson Miracle
The Ghosts in our Machine
The Power of community
The Price of Sugar
The World According to Monsanto
To Make a Farm
Vanishing of the Bees
Vegucated
What is Organic Farming (YouTube)
What's on Your Plate

Online Videos
Food Matters has what looks to be a great selection of videos. I have not signed up for their service yet, but I plan to in the near future.http://foodmatters.tv/videos


Books
Organic Manifesto - Maria Rodale 
Crazy Sexy Diet – Chris Karr
Pure, white and deadly : how sugar is killing us and what we can do to stop it.  
The Forks Over Knives Plan
Forks Over Knives : The Cookbook.
1,000 Vegan Recipes
The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook
Rawsome Vegan Baking
The Oh She Glows Cookbook
The Happy Herbivore
My New Roots
Plant Powered Families
The Plantpower Way

I have new boards on Pinterest that may interest you.  

Healthy Food and Lifestyle Blogs (some of my new favourites)

Visit me on Pinterest for more amazing pins including several new Vegan boards.



No comments:

Post a Comment