Wednesday, October 31, 2012

No More Weight Watchers Points

I’ve been on weight watchers since late June. While I’m happy to report that I’ve lost about 17lbs so far, I’m really getting bored with having to calculate points. That’s probably one of the reasons why I haven’t been making a lot of new recipes lately. It’s annoying having to calculate every recipe to get the points value before I eat it. Calorie counting is easier and a lot of recipes from cookbooks, magazines and websites already include nutritional information. So I’m switching back to My Fitness Pal. I love their app too. It allows you to scan barcodes from packages and place the items right into your tracker. Now if Weight Watchers had that feature, they may have been able to keep me longer, but they don’t so I’m moving on.

I went for my physical today and for once my doctor didn't have to give me crap about losing weight. He noticed that I lost some and told me he was trying to lose a bit himself using My Fitness Pal. What a coincidence! Although he never really seemed overweight to me to begin with.

Speaking of cookbooks and magazines; I just re-organized my bookshelves. I saved my favourite magazines and am in the process of pinning recipes from the ones that I don’t care as much about. That way, I can get rid of a lot of them and clear some space. As you can see from the after photo, I managed to get everything onto one bookcase. I recycled a lot of magazines too. i thought about saving them to make paper beads, but the goal here was to get rid of the clutter. Not have it stick around. The cookbooks stay. I probably won’t be buying any more for awhile though. My shelves look like they're gonna collapse soon.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled on your food blog, and thought, OK let's try this fitness pal- so have joined. I must say though that since you lost 17 pounds that is GREAT on weight watchers- but yes, it is a few month thing and then people go on again (and ususally gain back the weight).
    Good luck to you! -this is day one for me.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you--that's awesome! Now that you probably know how to eat better you probably don't need to count points. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete