Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chicken Breast with Super Crispy Skin

Yesterday I baked some chicken which I was planning to eat for lunch today (and I did). I wasn’t planning on eating the skin since I’m on a diet (as usual). When my oven timer beeped and I took the chicken out of the oven I was amazed. The skin was so thin and crispy and I didn’t even do anything to it. I was shocked. And, of course, I ate it!

I didn’t take any pictures because I was too busy eating chicken skin. Next time I make it I will. And if it turns out the same way I will never buy boneless, skinless chicken breast again. Well, that’s not true. But I will definitely be baking more chicken this way since I need to find ways to cook faster meals on weeknights. Oh! Maybe next time I’ll try it with a whole chicken! But then I might be tempted to eat all the skin, and that would not be good.
Here’s what I did. This only calls for three ingredients and it’s so simple anyone can do it.

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients
2 chicken breast halves with the skin and bones
Half a lemon
2 teaspoons McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning
(not poultry seasoning, that is a totally different flavour)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a glass dish with foil.

Place the chicken pieces on the foil. With your hands, lift the skin away from the meat and push it to the side. Drizzle the lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with the seasoning. Place the skin back where it came from.

Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Remove from the oven and use the juices in the pan to dip your chicken in. The skin should be super crispy. Yum! Then again, I’ve only tried this once. Usually I do something to the skin and it’s never been this crispy. The trick is to just leave it alone I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment